Virtual exhibition at vEGU21: Gather Online
As part of vEGU21, the 2021 edition of Europe’s largest geoscience meeting, EGU will be organizing a virtual exhibition that offers vendors a unique opportunity to directly engage with the 20,000-member EGU community. Booking of virtual booths ends on 9 April 2021. The virtual exhibition will provide enterprises and not-for-profit organizations with the following services:
- The landing page of the conference will provide a virtual entrance hall, linking attendees to the exhibition overview where logos of all exhibitors will be prominently displayed. From here, attendees will access your virtual exhibitor portal by clicking the logo;
- Your exhibitor portal will be accessible to all conference attendees for the entire meeting period from 19–30 April 2021;
- Your presence times between 22–28 April allow you to meet conference attendees for text chats;
- Your webinars will be linked from the conference programme for broad advertising. Thereby, 1 webinar is included in the booth package for free while additional webinars can be booked at €250 net per webinar;
- Your 2 booth representatives have access to all conference sessions;
- Your representatives have access to our networking tools to connect to conference attendees for spontaneous text chats not limited to the period of vEGU21;
- We will provide you with anonymized visitor statistics.
Your exhibitor portal
Your exhibitor portal is a dedicated HTML page featuring
- Your logo and description;
- Your promotional tiles: up to 6 tiles will allow you to display your marketing material in the virtual booth. For each promotional tile you provide a thumbnail image, a target that the thumbnail links to, as well as a short teaser text for the thumbnail. Note that any downloadable files (e.g., *.pdf files, presentations, etc.) must be hosted by the exhibitor as a target link, i.e., you only provide a link to the target file and do not upload the file to the Copernicus system. Alternatively, you can provide YouTube links where a separate thumbnail upload is not needed as it will be added by us. Alternatively to the tiles, you can also design your own HTML page with any functionalities you would like to embed and this HTML page running on your servers will then be embedded as an iFrame;
- Business cards of your 2 staff members present at your booth;
- Listing of your presence times and embedded text chat during these defined times to talk to visiting attendees;
- Listing of your webinars and provision of the access links once they start.
Your exhibitor management tool
Please access the exhibitor management tool where you can compile your exhibitor portal. While description, promotional tiles, representatives, and your presence times for embedded text chats can be adjusted at any time before 30 April, your webinars, free and paid ones, must be defined by 15 April.
The exhibitor management tool allows you to define your two representatives in the section Your representatives. You must enter the Copernicus Office user ID of each representative in the respective field.
If your representatives do not have a Copernicus Office user ID yet, an account can be created by them here. Note that each account must be created with the individual email address of the representative.
Your representatives are displayed on your exhibitor portal with their business card. We encourage all exhibitor representatives to update their profile information and also consider sharing as much information as possible.
Furthermore, we would like to draw your attention to our newly launched networking system which will allow you and your representatives to connect to conference attendees. Before the conference starts, connection is through email addresses which you must know before you send a connection request. However, during the conference, when attendees are present on your exhibitor portal (your virtual booth), you will see them, and you can connect spontaneously. You can share your profile information with connected colleagues, watch their profile, and start spontaneous text chats once they are online. This is not limited to the period of vEGU21.
Your road to vEGU21
- Book your booth at your earliest convenience. However, there are no limitations to the number of exhibitors. The booking form will be available until 9 April 2021.
- Use our exhibitor management tool from 1 April 2021 to provide your logo and description, define promotional tiles for your exhibitor portal (graphics linking to your content) or embed your own website, define your booth representatives, define your presence at your booth to chat with attendees and network, define your free webinar, and optionally book additional webinars at €250 net per webinar. We will announce the launch of this tool by email.
- Booth design, representatives, and presence times can be adjusted at any time before 30 April.
- Definition of the day, time, and access credentials of your free webinar as well as your additional paid webinars, if applicable, can be done by 15 April.
- Be present at your booth between 22–28 April 2021 to get in personal contact and chat with visiting conference attendees.
- Make use of your opportunity to visit countless sessions and events during vEGU21.
Booking & prices
- Microenterprises (ME) with 10 employees or fewer: €750 net
- Small and medium enterprises (SME) with 11 to 250 employees: €1,000 net
- Large enterprises (LE) with more than 250 employees: €1,250 net
- Not-for-profit organizations (NPO): €500 net
- Additional webinars: €250 net per webinar
The NPO category includes learned societies, educational organizations and institutions, and (inter-) governmental organizations presenting themselves at the exhibition and not primarily promoting commercial products. These corporations carry out activities for the benefit of the general public without shareholders and without a profit motive.
Exhibitors exempt from VAT according to EU VAT council directive 2006/112/EC, Article 151 are kindly asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the booking process to obtain a respective TAN code.
Terms & conditions
- Your virtual booth setting must be finalized by 19 April 2021, 08:30 CEST;
- Cancellations can only be refunded in the case of written notification prior to 31 March 2021. A cancellation fee of €50 will be deducted. No refunds will be made after this date;
- The invoice for virtual exhibition booth rental must be paid within 14 days after receipt of the invoice. Otherwise, the virtual booth will be cancelled;
- The EGU reserves the right to reject exhibitors. In such a case, a rejection notification will be sent in a timely manner;
- All exhibitors agree to adhere to EGU's Code of Conduct.