Virtual exhibition at vEGU21: Gather Online
As part of vEGU21, the 2021 edition of Europe’s largest geoscience meeting, EGU will be organizing a virtual exhibition that offers vendors a unique opportunity to directly engage with the 20,000-member EGU community. Booking of virtual booths will start in December and end on 1 April 2021.
The virtual exhibition will provide enterprises and not-for-profit organizations with the following services:
- The landing page of the conference will provide a virtual entrance hall, linking attendees to the exhibition overview where logos of all exhibitors will be prominently displayed. From here, attendees will access your virtual exhibitor portal by clicking the logo;
- Your exhibitor portal is a dedicated HTML page with basic exhibitor information, business cards of your staff members present at your booth, your virtual booth design embedded, as well as a text chat to talk to visitors. This page will be accessible to all conference attendees for the entire meeting period from 19–30 April 2021;
- To design your virtual booth embedded in your exhibitor portal, we will provide you with a tool to place company information and advertisement banners, arrange graphics linking to your website or download materials, embed movies and animations, and provide an entrance to your webshop;
- Alternatively to a virtual booth designed through our tool, you can also design your own HTML page with any functionalities you would like to embed and this HTML page running on your servers will be embedded in your vEGU21 exhibitor portal as an iFrame;
- Between 22–28 April 2021, the virtual exhibition will allow attendees to meet you at your booth and in your chat room. You will be able to inform the participants about your time availability for live exchanges with conference attendees;
- You will see anonymized statistics about the visits of your booth: number of unique visitors, access of individual download materials, links, or videos, as well as the research areas of the visitors. If you embed an iFrame showing your own HTML page running on your servers, we of course cannot provide access statistics about individual features of your booth;
- Your booth package includes one 45-minute webinar to be scheduled between 22–28 April 2021 (scheduling will be done on a first-come, first-served basis). You will be able to show presentations, movies, or any other material you wish to share with attendees joining your webinar. Your webinar will be advertised through the official conference programme allowing attendees to include your webinar in their personal programme and giving you maximum visibility. You will arrange your webinar on your preferred platform (e.g. Zoom, Webex, Skype, etc.) and provide us with the access credentials. While we ensure that only registered attendees get access to your webinar, you remain free to include other individuals in your session;
- Your virtual booth reservation includes free registration to the conference for two exhibitors to staff your virtual booth during text chats and webinars. These two registrations are full-conference registrations and will allow you to also attend all conference sessions.
Your road to vEGU21
- Book your booth at your earliest convenience. However, there are no limitations to the number of exhibitors. The booking form will be available until 1 April 2021.
- You will be informed as soon as our exhibitor management tool is available (approximately March 2021).
- Design your virtual booth through your exhibitor management tool in March/April. Link download materials and embed videos located on streaming platforms like YouTube or Vimeo.
- Define your booth representatives in March/April.
- Define the day, time, and access credentials of your free webinar as well as your additional paid webinars, if applicable, in March/April.
- Be present at your booth between 22–28 April 2021 to get in personal contact and chat with visiting conference attendees.
- Make use of your opportunity to visit countless sessions and events during vEGU21.
Example of a virtual booth
Booking & prices
- Microenterprises (ME) with 10 employees or fewer: €750 net
- Small and medium enterprises (SME) with 11 to 250 employees: €1,000 net
- Large enterprises (LE) with more than 250 employees: €1,250 net
- Not-for-profit organizations (NPO): €500 net
- Additional webinars: €250 net per webinar
The NPO category includes learned societies, educational organizations and institutions, and (inter-) governmental organizations presenting themselves at the exhibition and not primarily promoting commercial products. These corporations carry out activities for the benefit of the general public without shareholders and without a profit motive.
Exhibitors exempt from VAT according to EU VAT council directive 2006/112/EC, Article 151 are kindly asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the booking process to obtain a respective TAN code.Book your virtual booth
Terms & conditions
- Your virtual booth setting must be finalized by 19 April 2021, 08:30 CET;
- Cancellations can only be refunded in the case of written notification prior to 31 March 2021. A cancellation fee of €50 will be deducted. No refunds will be made after this date;
- The invoice for virtual exhibition booth rental must be paid within 14 days after receipt of the invoice. Otherwise, the virtual booth will be cancelled;
- The EGU reserves the right to reject exhibitors. In such a case, a rejection notification will be sent in a timely manner;
- All exhibitors agree to adhere to EGU's Code of Conduct.