New for 2021: Virtual OSPP Contest (vOSPP) 2021
After the OSPP contest was cancelled in 2020 due to the pandemic, a new one is organized this year with slightly different regulations to comply with the virtual format of the EGU General Assembly 2021. The regulations and procedures for the vOSPP contest are as follows:
- Registration for the vOSPP contest was possible until 31 March 2021.
- This year, all participants are eligible for the contest, as long as they are the first and presenting author of the vPICO abstract, and are either currently a BSc or MSc student or PhD candidate, or obtained their degree after 1 January 2020.
- All vOSPP participants are clearly indicated as such in the final programme. It is therefore not necessary this year to integrate the OSPP label into the presentations.
- All registered EGU participants are invited to vote on vOSPP presentations, as long as they are neither BSc or MSc students or PhD candidates themselves, are not participating in vOSPP, are not a co-author of the presentation, and do not share the same affiliation as the first author.
- The shortened evaluation form is directly integrated into the online abstract HTML page for easy access and only refers to the uploaded display materials for judging. Therefore, authors of abstracts participating in vOSPP are obliged to upload display materials from 31 March 2021.
- The evaluation criteria are as follows:
- Relevance of the study
- Scientific accuracy
- Clarity of presentation
- It is this year therefore not necessary for session conveners to appoint judges, since all participants are allowed to judge. Conveners are, however, explicitly asked to vote on vOSPP presentations within their session and to invite session participants to do the same.